Terms & Conditions
All bookings must be paid in full prior to the booking date.
- If paying by credit card, full payment must be processed at least 7 working days prior to the booking date.
- If paying via EFT, payment in full needs to be made and remittance emailed at least 10 days prior to the booking date.
- Bookings within 7 days or same day bookings must be paid in full by credit card at time of booking.
- For bookings made 2 months or more prior to booking date, a 20% deposit is required. Refer to the above for balance payment.
- All tickets (including all types of gift certificates and group booking vouchers) are non-refundable.
- Please note the souvenir video is non-refundable as it becomes downloadable once sold. Exceptions include if the file is faulty.
- All deal vouchers must be booked in 10-12 hours in advance (recommended 24 hours in advance).
- Cancellations requested within 7 days prior to booking date are subject to approval and may be transferable if approved.
- Reschedule requests received within 24 hours prior to departure will incur a $25 fee per passenger.
- Private charter cancellation policy: cancellation of more than 1 month notice: refund of less than 25% of charter fee; cancellation of more than 14 days notice: refund of less than 50% of the charter fee; cancellation of less than 14 days notice: 100% loss of charter fee, rescheduling at the discretion of management.
- Cancellations and rescheduling must be made by phone to (02) 9566 1066 and followed by an email to email@example.com
- Passengers must be at the wharf 30 minutes prior to booking time. Thunder Jet reserves the right to resell the seats after this time and charge the client in full if these seats cannot be resold.
- If passengers run late, ride time will be reduced accordingly.
- Thunder Jet reserves the right to cancel or void your gift certificate if you make a booking and do not show up late. This also applies for same day bookings (i.e. those made on the same day as departure).
- Thunder Jet has the right to substitute any vessel at any time. The ride may change or be cancelled due to weather conditions. We will operate if it is raining.
- Thunder Jet reserves the right to cancel services due to inclement weather (generally defined as precipitation greater than a drizzle, wind and swell conditions).
- If a ride is cancelled Thunder Jet will attempt to reschedule the ride at no cost, or compensatory gift vouchers will be supplied.
- Thunder Jet reserves the right to refuse service to those who are believed to be affected by alcohol or drugs and no refund will be provided.
- Passengers who are pregnant, suffer from back, neck or heart conditions and/or any other pre-existing conditions or injuries must not ride with Thunder Jet.
- Thunder Jet’s lifejackets hold up to a maximum of 150kg, therefore the maximum weight of a passenger is 150kg.
- Deliberate inflation of lifejacket may incur a service fee of $70 per lifejacket.
- Passengers who ride with Thunder Jet do so at their own risk and must sign a release of liability/assumption of risk prior to boarding.
- Passengers aged under 18 years must have an adult sign on their behalf.
Children are defined as being under the age of 15.
- Thunder Jet will not be responsible for any personal injuries, equipment loss or damage sustained while travelling with Thunder Jet.
- Passengers may get wet and are strongly advised not to carry any valuables whilst travelling with Thunder Jet.
- Thunder Jet takes no responsibility for safety or loss/damage to valuables.
- All Thunder Jet passengers must meet the minimum height requirement of 120cm.
- Passengers may be filmed/photographed during the ride.
- Thunder Jet reserves the right to reproduce such films/photos for any purpose whatsoever without notification, compensation, or payment.
- All details above are correct as of 2022 and are subject to change without notice.
Terms And Conditions For Participation In The Ride
- (“Contract”) All passengers must sign in agreement to the following terms before riding the Thunder Jet Boat. For the avoidance of doubt, reference in this Contract to “the ride” or “activity” includes the boarding of the vessel by the CUSTOMER, the entire period of time that the CUSTOMER is on the vessel, and the CUSTOMER disembarking from the vessel.
Liability And Waiver of Responsibility
- The CUSTOMER acknowledges and agrees that the activity they are about to engage in, being, JET BOATING is an inherently dangerous recreational activity, and that participation in the ride carries with it inherent and obvious risks, including the risk of injury or death.
- The CUSTOMER accepts that he/she engages in the activity of JET BOATING at his/her own risk and accepts all risks associated with the ride including the possibility of injury, death, loss or damage.
- The CUSTOMER acknowledges that they are contracting with Yellow Water Taxis Pty Ltd t/as Thunder Jet Boat (hereafter collectively referred to as Thunder Jet Boat).
- The CUSTOMER understands that the Thunder Jet Boat ride is a high-speed thrill ride where the Jet Boat chases after waves so as to become airborne, landing hard on the water, the vessel will slide, spin, brake and encounter bumps and turns without warning.
- The CUSTOMER agrees that they have been warned by Thunder Jet Boat of the risks associated with the ride, including injury, death or loss or damage arising from or in connection with the CUSTOMER’S participation in the ride.
- The CUSTOMER acknowledges and agrees that, to the extent permitted by law, Thunder Jet Boat, its employees, contractors, sub-contractors and agents shall not be liable for any injury, death, loss or damage suffered by the CUSTOMER or by any other person arising from or in connection with the CUSTOMER’s participation in the ride, or to the CUSTOMER’s property regardless of whether such injury, death, loss or damage was caused directly or indirectly by any act or omission of Thunder Jet Boat, including the negligence of Thunder Jet Boat and/or the CAPTAIN of the vessel. The CUSTOMER unconditionally releases Thunder Jet Boat and the CAPTAIN from any and all claims and liabilities for any injury, death, loss or damage arising from or in connection with the CUSTOMER’S participation in the ride.
- All limitations, exceptions and conditions herein contained as to the liability of Thunder Jet Boat shall apply also to the liability, if any, of owners, charterers, lessee, lessor of the vessel, and Thunder Jet Boat employees, contractors, sub-contractors or agents (hereafter referred to as Third Parties). For the purpose of this Contract, Thunder Jet Boat shall be deemed to contract on behalf of and for the benefit of all persons or companies who are or may be its Third Parties from time to time and all such persons shall to this extent be or be deemed to be parties to the Contract contained in or evidenced by this document or the ticket presented to the CUSTOMER and for the purpose of all the provisions of this Contract Thunder Jet Boat is or shall be deemed to be acting as agent or trustee on behalf of and for the benefit of all persons or companies who are or might be Third Parties from time to time and all such persons or companies shall to this extent be or be deemed to be parties to the Contract.
- If the CUSTOMER suffers any injury or illness, the CUSTOMER agrees that Thunder Jet Boat may provide evacuation and first-aid. The CUSTOMER’s acceptance of these terms and conditions constitutes the CUSTOMER’s consent to such evacuation and/or first-aid being provided. All accidents, injuries, loss or damage must be reported by the CUSTOMER to Thunder Jet Boat before the CUSTOMER leaves the ride.
- The CUSTOMER agrees to indemnify Thunder Jet Boat against any claims made by or on behalf of the CUSTOMER in respect of any injury, death, loss or damage to their person or property arising from or in connection with the CUSTOMER’s participation in the ride.
- To the extent permitted by law, the CUSTOMER acknowledges and agrees that all warranties and covenants whether imported, expressed by law, and either in law, equity, under statute or otherwise, are hereby excluded.
- The CUSTOMER agrees to indemnify Thunder Jet Boat against all claims made by any other person against Thunder Jet Boat in respect of any injury, death, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the CUSTOMER’s failure to comply with this Contract or Thunder Jet Boat rules and/or directions, including the CAPTAIN’s rules and/or directions.
- The CUSTOMER agrees to disclose any pre-existing medical or other condition that may cause the CUSTOMER or any other person to suffer injury, or aggravate a pre-existing medical condition during the ride. The CUSTOMER acknowledges that Thunder Jet Boat and its Third Parties rely on the information provided by the CUSTOMER in allowing the CUSTOMER on the ride, and the CUSTOMER guarantees and promises that all such information the CUSTOMER has provided is accurate and complete.
- The CUSTOMER agrees to indemnify Thunder Jet Boat against any claims made by or on behalf of the CUSTOMER in respect of any injury, death, loss or damage including in relation to the aggravation of a pre-existing condition arising from or in connection with the CUSTOMER’s participation in the ride.
- The CUSTOMER understands and acknowledges the dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol, drugs, medication or any mind-altering substance before or during a ride. The CUSTOMER accepts full responsibility for injury, death, loss or damage either they or another party, including Thunder Jet Boat, suffers, which is in any way connected with the ride and/or associated with the CUSTOMER’S consumption of alcohol, drugs, medication or any other mind-altering substance either before or during the ride.
- The CUSTOMER agrees to obey and comply with all rules and directions made or given by Thunder Jet Boat representatives, including the CAPTAIN of the vessel in connection with the ride. If a CUSTOMER fails to comply with the CAPTAIN’s rules and/or directions, the CUSTOMER will not be permitted to ride or to continue to ride, and no refund will be given.